Ayurveda & Yoga Workshop: Connecting the Sister Sciences
Live Zoom Workshop on March 21st
Welcome to Our Online Yoga Workshop on Ayurveda & Yoga.
Welcome to our online yoga workshop on connecting the two sister sciences: Ayurveda & Yoga!
Have you ever wondered what kind of yoga is best for you? What should you do for your body-type, your personality and to help balance your energy? This workshop will explain the ways to practice yoga that will create the most balance for your constitution and give you the tools to know and implement the needed practices.
The five elements form an ancient and significant bond between yoga and the philosophical underpinnings of the Indian Medical System, Ayurveda. So we will explore how these elements live in us and how Yoga and Ayurveda come together to address long lasting health in our body and energy. We will first explore this knowledge in theory with a 3 hour online workshop. If you would like to explore more through practice the workshop is followed by 8 recorded practices to embody this theory and knowledge.
- to understand the context and basic history of Ayurveda
- to learn the 3 constitutions (doshas) for human beings.
- to gain a better understanding of your own personal constitution.
- through theory and practice, to know how to balance these constitutions
- to know about the 5 winds for energy (vayus for prana) and how to move energy in these 5 different ways. Depending on your constitution you need to move energy in a specific way.